Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Honesty!!!

Honesty. Yes… let’s talk about honesty. Is it really that difficult for people to be honest? Is it really? When you begin a relationship based on dishonesty the relationship not “may” but “will” fail. It takes so much time and energy to be dishonest. You see, once dishonesty is released… you have to keep the dishonesty circulating and active to it doesn’t come back to bite you. Unless you finally want to come clean with everything.

Once you lie… you have to keep that lie going. Am I right? You don’t want to be made. You don’t want to be considered a liar, a fraud, dishonest. So what do you do? You have to continue to be dishonest. He or she will never find out… I’ve gotten this far so why not continue. Then what happens? You’ve been dishonest so much… you actually start believing your own dishonesty. It’s a part of you. You’ve just become addicted to dishonesty. I’ve never been addicted to anything so please tell me how it feels to be addicted to dishonesty. Is it fun? Is it fruitful? Is it calming? And is it right?

For those of you that prefer dishonesty you may find that mate that’s also dishonest and both of you may live happily dishonest lives. But wait a minute… “two wrongs don’t make a right”…right? “Sidebar” What kills me is the facebook inspirational and bible status updates when the people posting them aren’t following what they post. Why? Is the appearance of being a certain way more important then actually being that way?

People say, “the truth hurts”… that’s why so many are dishonest. You know what? Give me the truth any day. I don’t care if it’s really bad, I just want to hear it. Let me decide how to proceed after that. And I’ll respect you much more as opposed to me finding out via other means.

Being honest upfront saves so much time and energy, broken hearts, stress and drama. Another little sidebar… what kills me again is folks who constantly talk about dishonest people and like to swim in the pool of dishonesty themselves. Everything comes into the light eventually.

So is lying done to protect yourself? To avoid being exposed? As if someone reading this who’s always dishonest will respond with answers. But I wonder if your conscious is eating at you. I don’t know… maybe not now, maybe later. I betcha it would be wonderful to wake up every morning knowing that you have nothing to hide.

Have a good one folks.

Mr. Producer

4 comments:

Mr. Producer said...

Great post.

Unknown said...

Great Post Mr. Producer. Lying is straight from the pits of HELL. So when starting a relationship in a lie, ends up in a lie. Truly this is such a small world and there is no where to run, and nowhere to hide. GOD sees all and He hates a liar. It is a Sin. Have a great day (SMILE)

Unknown said...

I've read many of the articles and this one was the first that I was able to post, but I'll be visiting the site often. GOOD JOB!!! Mr. Producer

Unknown said...

Keep up the Good work, and Trust God.